maandag 2 april 2012

A turning point on my journey through Indonesia (practicing english ;)

A while ago I traveled two islands in Indonesia. I shared a lot of breathtaking views with my girlfriend. Somewhere in the middle of this journey I met Keoni (Hawaii) and Ronny (America) on the island Lombok. Keoni is a big wave surfer and Ron was willing to teach me the basics of surfing. And although I had learned a bit in Holland, I never got the chance to take it to another level. 


I was feeling so thankfull to have met such inspirational people on this journey.
One day Keoni and I talked about the pollution you see there and on earth every day. I noticed that people hardly use trashcans or clean the street or the beach. Two weeks earlier on Bali I was amazed a scooter driver dumped his garbage in a stunning valley in a town called Ubud. It made me think about what people can do to make the world a more beautiful place and sad to say I never thought about it that much. And when I did, I caught myself thinking that I couldn’t make a change in all that because only the government can make a big change. And in the meantime Keoni was teaching the kids and their mother, who lived there, to throw the garbage in a trashcan made of long leaves. Making an almost untouched place like this more natural. And on that moment I was inspired… I realized everybody has a choice to do something.  I wondered… What had been my share so far and what was my contribution going to be from here and how could I do that?


P.S. If you have any tips and tricks how to get my english to a higher level..it'll be much appreciated :P

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten